⚠️⚠️ALERT LEVEL 4 RESTRICTIONS⚠️⚠️
Korowai Tumanako is an essential service. Under the current level 4 lock down restrictions will be continuing with our mahi using precautionary health measures.
This may mean non contact communications such as zoom or phone hui.
The https://covid19.govt.nz/ website advises " Social and community based services provided to support persons to maintain critical well-being or as crisis support for people who are unsafe or homeless"
Please find everything you need to know to keep yourself and whanau safe on the Covid website https://covid19.govt.nz/
Remember to manaaki each other and keep safe.
Nga mihi kia koutou, Korowai Tumanako Whanau.
Whilst Korowai Tumanako is available to support you during business hours, here are some 24 hour contacts if you need to speak to someone anytime 🙂
Remember to always call 111 for emergencies.
Stay safe and be kind to each other
Safe to Talk 24hrs - 0800 044 334
Youthline 24hrs - 0800 376 633
1737 24hrs - Free txt or call 1737 from your mobile
We are expanding our therapeutic team across Tamaki Makaurau and Te Tai Tokerau, offering a unique opportunity for kaimahi to join our Kaupapa Maori specialist organization. We provide offsite services to whanau of all ages for harmful sexual or concerning sexualized behavour; sexual violence crisis support and sexual violence prevention.
The role involves therapeutic engagement with whanau and working closely with community agencies such as schools, other social services and relevant statutory services to eliminate ‘mahi tukino’ and promote ‘toiora’, whanau well-being. Our approach recognises historic and ongoing traumas which inform our framework of healing and clinical practice. The role may also include opportunities to provide sexual violence prevention workshops.
The successful applicant(s) will have the following attributes, skills and experience:
• Whakapapa ki nga hapu o Aotearoa
• Lived experience and growing knowledge of ‘tikanga Maori ona te reo’
• Be a passionate advocate for the safety and well-being of whanau
• Have proven therapeutic experience and skills working with whanau
• A recognised qualification in counselling, psychotherapy, psychology or similar
Social workers with clinical experience welcome to apply
• Have an understanding and ability to work with trauma
• Have a strong work ethic, able to self-manage, work independently and in a team
• Experience in report writing, MS Office and database records and advantage
• Hold a full driver’s licence
• Eagerness to learn from all members of the team
If this sounds like you, or a pathway you would like to follow, and you want to make a difference, please apply now. Please include both a separate cover letter and CV and tell us why you would be ideal for this position.
Applications sent to [email protected] will be processed as they are received. For a Job Description, call: Ana at Ph: 0224747044